I know what you’re thinking…chickpeas???
Chickpeas…great for making hummus, but used for making chocolate chip cookies???
These cookies are so chocolatey and chewy you’ll never know they were made with chickpeas, I promise!
I’ll be honest, even I was skeptical of using a whole cup and a half of chickpeas in this recipe! These chickpea cookies are loaded with folic acid, fiber, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and protein…you can’t say that for your standard chocolate chip cookie that uses butter, white sugar and white flour as the base! Plus, they are gluten free, vegan and grain free!
Depending on how much cookie dough you eat…this recipe makes 22-24 cookies.
Recipe inspired by Texanerin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023