This recipe is right on track with my previous post about prepping food for the week. It was so quick to prepare, I had all the ingredients on hand and it tasted delicious! Plus, it’s pretty budget friendly costing under $1.50 per serving! All I had to do was heat the sweet potatoes I baked on Sunday, throw a can of chickpeas in a skillet with kale and fry an egg, taking 15 minutes tops to prepare!
I made a vegan version by omitting the fried egg. Another option would be to eat the chickpeas and kale over a bowl of quinoa instead of baked sweet potato…or simply eating them alone! I found the chickpea recipe on this wonderful blog using spinach instead of kale…this recipe is very versatile! I will definitely be adding this recipe to my quick “go-to” meal list!
Smokey Chickpeas and Kale over Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cook until chickpeas become slightly crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and serve warm over a baked sweet potato with the option to top with a fried egg.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat & Trim Your Waistline: My Fat Loss Guide (15+ Exercises) - 24 February 2024
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Cranberry Juice: The Detox Drink for Accelerated Weight Loss - 17 February 2024