This recipe is right on track with my previous post about prepping food for the week. It was so quick to prepare, I had all the ingredients on hand and it tasted delicious! Plus, it’s pretty budget friendly costing under $1.50 per serving! All I had to do was heat the sweet potatoes I baked on Sunday, throw a can of chickpeas in a skillet with kale and fry an egg, taking 15 minutes tops to prepare!
I made a vegan version by omitting the fried egg. Another option would be to eat the chickpeas and kale over a bowl of quinoa instead of baked sweet potato…or simply eating them alone! I found the chickpea recipe on this wonderful blog using spinach instead of kale…this recipe is very versatile! I will definitely be adding this recipe to my quick “go-to” meal list!
- Cook until chickpeas become slightly crispy, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook until wilted.
- Squeeze with fresh lemon and serve warm over a baked sweet potato with the option to top with a fried egg.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023