In a salad rut? Try adding purple cabbage to add crunch and color!
According the U.S. Department of Agriculture red/purple cabbage contains 36 different varieties of anthocyanins, a class of flavonoids that have been linked to cancer protection. Anthocyanins are the purple pigments found in foods such cabbage, blueberries and grapes. Not only do these purple powerhouses fight cancer they also improve heart health and brain function. 1 cup of cabbage also provides 85% of your daily vitamin C needs. The health benefits of purple cabbage are more potent when eaten raw so it’s best to add to salads or chopped up and used for slaw.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wisk together dressing and drizzle over salad.
- Top with sliced avocado.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023