If there were two foods that Noah couldn’t live without, it would be avocados and cucumbers, which is perfectly fine by me! A recent article I read (one of which I can’t find now!) listed avocado as one of the top 10 foods every kid should eat and I agree 110%! In fact, it was Noah’s first food! I bypassed all the pediatrician recommended allergy-free cereals and gave him smashed avocados instead and he hasn’t stopped eating them since!
Avocados are loaded with monounsaturated fatty acids essential for brain and hearth health. Additionally, avocados are jammed packed with vitamins E & C, fiber and the antioxidant glutathione. Click here to check out why Dr. Mark Hyman calls glutathione “The Mother of All Antioxidants!”
I’m not sure I can classify this as a snack as we munch on avocado toast for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Again, nothing ground breaking in terms of creativity…just a simple, fresh and oh so ever satisfying snack!
- 2 slices of sprouted or gluten free bread toasted
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cucumber sliced
- 2 slices of lemon
- sea salt
- Top toasted bread with avocado and cucumber slices. Spritz with fresh lemon and add sea salt to taste. Enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023