Tis the season of holiday parties! Here is a delicious and quick appetizer to impress your guests! Colorful and crunchy Thai Peanut Slaw in Crispy Cups!
The original recipe can be found here. I slightly modified the slaw dressing and added edamame for more color, antioxidants and protein! The slaw is vegan however, it is difficult to find vegan won ton wrappers. If you can’t find them and want to try making your own try making your own! A recipe can be found here.
We served the crispy won ton cups on the side of the slaw allowing guests to make their own. You can fill the cups and serve on a plate, but be mindful of how long they will sit. If left out too long the cups will become soggy!
- 18 won ton wrappers
- ¼ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s Amino Acids
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon chili oil to taste
- 1 12 oz. bag of rainbow slaw including carrots, red cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower
- 1 scallions chopped
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- ⅔ cups shelled edamame
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Take 2 muffin tins and flip them over, spray the bottom of the tins with cooking spray. Drape won ton wrappers over the bottoms of the muffin tin and press down molding won ton wrapper around each cup. Place in oven and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden and crispy. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over low heat whisk together peanut butter, water and brown sugar. When peanut butter is liquified remove from heat and add Bragg’s Amino Acids, sesame seed oil, lime juice, garlic and chili oil. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add rainbow slaw, scallions, peanuts and edamame. Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve slaw in crispy won ton cups and enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023