Two of our dearest friends Kel and Ginny introduced us to this recipe this summer. It is a perfect vegan swap for the traditional tuna fish salad!
Chickpeas are so versatile, you can add them to soups, pastas, salads or make “chickpea of the sea!” Smashed chickpeas mixed with chopped red onion, celery and shredded carrot makes a “tuna salad” that can be used in sandwiches or scooped onto a salad. Unlike the traditional tuna salad recipe, which often times is drenched in mayonnaise, this recipe uses half of an avocado and a little dollop of vegenaise. I added curry powder for flavor and a handful of raisins for sweetness. Prepare the night before and pack for a quick and healthy lunch the next day!
Chickpea of the Sea
- In a medium bowl, use a potato masher or fork to mash the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a dash more of curry powder!
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- Benefits of Turmeric for Skin: Game-Changing Benefits for Your Skincare – Act NOW! - 27 February 2024
- Best Exercises to Lose Belly Fat & Trim Your Waistline: My Fat Loss Guide (15+ Exercises) - 24 February 2024
- Oat Milk Benefits: 15 IncredibleBenefits From Heart Health to Glowing Skin - 20 February 2024