Two of our dearest friends Kel and Ginny introduced us to this recipe this summer. It is a perfect vegan swap for the traditional tuna fish salad!
Chickpeas are so versatile, you can add them to soups, pastas, salads or make “chickpea of the sea!” Smashed chickpeas mixed with chopped red onion, celery and shredded carrot makes a “tuna salad” that can be used in sandwiches or scooped onto a salad. Unlike the traditional tuna salad recipe, which often times is drenched in mayonnaise, this recipe uses half of an avocado and a little dollop of vegenaise. I added curry powder for flavor and a handful of raisins for sweetness. Prepare the night before and pack for a quick and healthy lunch the next day!
- In a medium bowl, use a potato masher or fork to mash the chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed. I added a dash more of curry powder!
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023