This isn’t just a veggie soup, it’s a hearty meal to warm up with on a chilly winter’s day! We enjoyed it today after trimming our Christmas tree! I’ve always loved Christmas, but since having Noah, I really love Christmas! Everything is so exciting to him that even my grinch of a husband can’t help but get into the holiday spirit!
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped (I used the celery heart with the leaves)
- 1 small pepper diced (I used a yellow pepper)
- 1 bunch of kale de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup organic tomato paste
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup red or green lentils
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s Amino Acids tamari or soy sauce (so sauce will no longer make this recipe gluten free)
- sea salt optional
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings or 1 teaspoon dried oregano and 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and cook until lightly golden. Add garlic, celery, carrots, pepper, kale and cook until tender.
- Add tomato paste, crushed tomato, lentils, chick peas, broth, water, seasoning and Bragg’s amino acids.
- Let simmer for 30-45 minutes or until lentils are tender, add sea salt if desired.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023