If you have little ones who don’t eat veggies, this is a great way to “sneak” them in! I left the veggies rough cut, but you could pulse in a food processor to prevent them from being picked out! I added mushrooms, kale, onion and carrot however, you can add any vegetables you have on hand! Zucchini, broccoli, spinach…they all would work well! In place of cream, I used greek yogurt. This cuts down on the saturated fat while keeping the calcium and protein content high!
- 2 cups kale destemmed and chopped
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt preferably organic
- 5 free range eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 plum tomato sliced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray or coat with olive oil, set aside.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add vegetable broth and saute until kale begins to wilt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Blend together eggs and Greek yogurt until frothy. (I used the blender, but you can simply whisk together in a large bowl.)
- Add vegetable mixture into coated pie plate. Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Pour egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and layer with tomatoes.
- Place in oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is set and the top is slightly golden.
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023
- Buckwheat Superfood: Why the Pseudo-Cereal is so Incredibly Healthy - 22 November 2023