They’re here…the terrible twos.
The past few weeks we’ve seen glimpses of them, but I think it’s safe to say they are unpacking their bags and moving in. And may I add, a few months too early..fun times, fun times.
After a day of constantly being told “no” and having to deal with the dead weight drop to the floor shenanigans, I needed to end the day on a sweet note. So, I baked cookies.
- 2 sweet potatoes baked (~2 cups)
- click here for how to bake sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 eggs or vegan egg substitute
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour can be substituted with whole wheat or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend sweet potatoes (skins removed), almond butter, eggs and vanilla until fluffy.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon and evenly drop dough onto parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023