Chocolatey, peanutty, mouthwatering vegan and gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies! Another recipe made with aquafaba!
We seriously emptied out the pantry when creating these cookies! I would have added walnuts if I had them, next time! In place of eggs I used my new favorite ingredient from last week…aquafaba! Read up here on for the BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER! I was impressed once again with the consistency aquafaba lends to baked goods, very similar to using eggs!
For a peanutty flavor I added organic peanut powder similar to PB2. If you’re not familiar with powdered peanut butter it’s peanuts that have been dehydrated and pressed. The end result is a powder that contains less fat and calories than peanut butter. I honestly don’t get the concept of powdered peanut butter as my favorite part of peanuts is its healthy fat content, but my mom left it at my house and I needed to use it somehow! It was a good way to sneak in the flavor without making the cookies too dense. You can also add it to smoothies and sauces in addition to baking with it.
- ⅔ + ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter similar to PB2
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup aquafaba
- ¼ cup milk of your choice I used oat milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour, powdered peanut butter, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In another bowl stir together aquafaba, milk, olive oil and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips. Form into a ball, cover and refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes or until chilled.
- Use a tablespoon to drop cookies evenly onto cookie sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Let cool and enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023