I love the flavors of the holidays! Try this shredded brussels sprouts with butternut squash recipe next week, it’s perfect for Thanksgiving!
We talk about the dangers of plastic all the time. But, let’s face it…it’s everywhere! We’re exposed to phthalates (a dangerous compound in plastic) on a daily basis. Sadly, it’s in the lotions we use, water we drink and the air we breathe. What’s equally important as educating on how to avoid plastic, is how to detoxify from it! According to the Institute of Functional Medicine, consuming 2+ servings of cruciferous vegetables a day will speed up the detoxification process of dangerous phthalates in the body. Vegetables in the cruciferous family include cabbage, broccoli, kale, collard greens and brussels sprouts to name a few! One serving equals 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables. This dish will make it super easy for you to do that, it’s so hard to stop eating this delicious mix of brussels sprouts, butternuts squash, pecans and dried cranberries!
For more on this topic and other ways to detoxify, check out this article.
- Drizzle butternut squash with olive oil, toss to coat and roast on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add shredded brussels sprouts and sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice and sauté until brussels sprouts are wilted and slightly golden on the edges.
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023