Christmas is being celebrated all week long in my family!
My brother and sister-in-law Allison were able to fly east and spend some time with us before moving on to visit more family. Noah couldn’t have been more excited, they are better than Santa in his eyes!
We had so much fun and ate a lot!
Allison introduced me to the most amazing butternut squash recipe, flavored with coconut oil and dried cranberries. It was so good we had her make it twice!
We opened gifts, ate, drank and were merry!
- First sauté two shallots in about a tablespoon of coconut oil ( non refined). Sauté a few minutes –do not brown.
- Add cubed butternut squash. Stir to coat in oil. Cook over medium heat about 5 mins. Do not brown– add more coconut oil as needed.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of water and cover. Check frequently and cook until squash is almost fully cooked– soft enough to pierce easily with fork but not falling apart.
- Add a little more water as needed to keep from sticking.
- Add 1/3 cup cranberries (dried but could use fresh) and a drizzle of agave or honey.
- Also add another tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir and cook until water is largely cooked off.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023