Quinoa Hemp Seed Tabbouleh is a protein packed take on the Middle Eastern Classic. The addition of hemp seeds upgrade this dish to power salad status!
I can’t talk enough about my love for hemp seeds! In our house we add them to just about everything…avocado toast, salads, smoothies, peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, chia seed pudding, pasta, oatmeal, soups, you name it! They have a nutty flavor and add a slightly crunchy texture. Noah loves them and eats them straight out of the container! They are packed with omega 3 fatty acids, iron, magnesium, zinc and are a perfect plant-based protein!
Typical tabbouleh uses bulgur, but I swapped it with gluten-free quinoa. This is very versatile recipe, you can add tons of other ingredients to satisfy your taste buds!
Other add-ins include:
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa 1/2 cup dried, follow instructions on package
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cups cucumbers chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions, allow to cool.
- Once quinoa is cooled, add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Eat right away or place in refrigerator for 1 hour to let flavors blend.
- Enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023