Pasta Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette, guess I’m on a cilantro kick!
I’m sorry to all you non-cilantro lovers out there! It’s just the perfect summer herb and it’s easy to grow!
The other day I received a call from the maternity nurse at the hospital, just checking in on how I was feeling postpartum. After a series of questions we came to the conclusion that my energy levels are pretty low in the evenings. She recommended I get more sleep (um, I wish! But with a 3 week old and a 3 year old that’s just not going to happen!) and combining carbohydrates and protein for sustained energy. Our conversation brought light to the fact that I am eating enough calories, carbs and protein, but not together. I grab a piece of fruit here, a piece of toast there and with Shaye working most nights I often skip dinner completely…not enough balance going on in my day and I’m paying for it! Even dietitians need reminders on basic healthy eating!
Cilantro vinaigrette recipe adapted from Eating Well
This recipe makes a large amount, I will be eating it for a few days! It would also make a great side dish for a summertime pot-luck supper!
- For cilantro vinaigrette:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz. pasta of your choice I used gluten free pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups corn fresh, frozen or canned
- 4 cups arugula
- To make cilantro vinaigrette:
- Add cilantro, garlic, olive oil, lime juice and orange juice to a food processor. Pulse until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to instructions. Toss with olive oil and let cool.
- Once pasta is cooled, add tomatoes, chickpeas, corn and arugula. Drizzle with cilantro vinaigrette, toss to coat and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023