It looks like we have a heat wave ahead of us! When the weather is hot and humid who feels like cooking??? Try this light, refreshing “pasta” instead! No stove required 🙂
- Cut zucchini into “pasta” using a mandoline, spiralizer, or julienne peeler
- I used a mandoline but my next purchase will be a julienne peeler…easier to clean and less likely to slice off a finger!
- Add zucchini “pasta” to a large bowl with the olives, basil, onion and tomatoes
- Mix together olive oil and lemon juice, pour on top of vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- You could eat it immediately or place it in the refrigerator for an hour to let the flavors combine
- Top with hemp seeds and enjoy 🙂
What’s your favorite go-to meal when it’s too hot to cook? 🙂
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 727IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Latest posts by Cristina Cavanaugh RD LDN (see all)
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023