Move over Wheaties…there’s a new breakfast of champions in town!
The chia seed breakfast bowl is just as easy as to make as pouring a bowl of cereal, more nutritious and tastes even better!
It takes 2 minutes to mix all the ingredients together, place in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight. Wake up and breakfast is ready! You can also portion out into smaller containers for a great grab and go breakfast on the run!
This recipe makes 2 servings. Each serving contains:
4564 mg Omega 3 and 1504 mg Omega 6
10 grams of fiber
12% daily value of calcium (from chia seeds alone)
250-300 calories and 10-15 grams of protein depending on the type of milk you use
I used a combination of soy milk and canned whole coconut milk to create a more custard-like quality…similar to Greek yogurt. If you don’t like the tapioca consistency of chia seed pudding, blend it in a high-speed blender until creamy (that’s how I made this bowl!).
This breakfast bowl will keep you energized all morning long!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1.5 - 2 cups milk of your choice (soy, almond, coconut, hemp, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, whisk well to prevent clumping. Or blend all ingredients together using a high-speed blender.
- Note: For a thicker pudding, decrease amount of milk used.
- Store in an air-tight container and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with toppings of your choice! Mangos, bananas, berries, kiwi, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, maple syrup, pineapple, etc.
Check out my previous posts for more recipes and info on the superfood chia seeds!