Need a decadent dessert, but don’t feel like baking???
Here’s a no-bake dessert sure to take the cake!
Pour melted chocolate into an almond crust, pop it in the fridge and once chilled you have this to enjoy….
Can we talk about chocolate sea salt for a second???
Yes, chocolate infused sea salt does exist! I would like to shake the hand of whoever created this heavenly mix! I found it in a specialty spice store, but if you can’t find it near you simply use a high quality sea salt to sprinkle on top of the tart.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2-3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- For the filling:
- ½ cup milk (soy, almond or coconut)
- ½ tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- chocolate sea salt or a high quality sea salt for topping
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until a rough flour is formed. Do not over mix or you will make almond butter! Pulse in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of agave or maple syrup. A dry paste will form that will stick together when pressed. If more moisture is needed, add an additional tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Press mixture into an 8 inch tart pan. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, whisk together soy milk and corn starch until clumps dissolve. Bring to a quick boil and remove from heat. In a double boiler or microwave melt chocolate chips and whisk into soy milk. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth and pour onto almond crust. Sprinkle with sea salt and place into the refrigerator. Wait until fully chilled (~2-3 hours) and enjoy!
For a nut-free dessert, try using an oatmeal based crust similar to the one used in my Toasted Coconut Chocolate Cream Pie!