Who doesn’t love sandwiches???
Everyone needs a good sandwich now and then…
Here is one of my favorites!
Vegan bacon made from tempeh, lettuce, tomato and avocado!
Tempeh sliced thin marinated in bragg’s amino acids, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and spiced up with chili powder, cumin and paprika. Baked crispy for the perfect addition to a sandwich or as a side to any morning brunch!
This recipe was adapted from a recipe found on www.vegetariantimes.com
- 1 8-oz. pkg. tempeh, sliced into 12 very thin slices
- ¼ cup Bragg’s Amino Acids
- 2 Tablespoons. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Bread of your choice (toasted)
- Avocado slices
- Tomato slices
- Romaine lettuce
- vegan mayonaise
- Lay tempeh slices in a13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together bragg’s amino acids, apple cider vinegar maple syrup, cumin, paprika and chili powder. Pour over tempeh slices, cover and chill 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Carefully transfer tempeh slices to prepared baking sheet, and discard marinade.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Flip tempeh slices and bake 5 to 7 minutes more, or until crisp and dark brown.
- Assemble sandwich using toasted bread, avocado, lettuce, tomato, vegan mayonnaise and enjoy!
To make sweet potato chips:
~Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut sweet potatoes into chips using a mandoline and place in a single file on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and bake 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 2-3 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes to crisp up!
Not a bad option for a Meatless Monday meal