It’s too hot in the kitchen to cook these days. Thank God for my vitamix because we’ve been living on smoothie bowls! Here’s a different combo to try, the Spirulina Smoothie Bowl blended with cashews and topped with fruit, chia seeds and Dang toasted caramel sea salt coconut flakes! (If you haven’t tried Dang coconut flakes you’re missing out, they are so good! No, I wasn’t paid to say that…I’m seriously obsessed with them!)
What’s spirulina anyway???
Please don’t be intimidated by the funny name and blue-green color or by what spirulina actually is…algae! Yup, the same sort of algae that’s in the ocean! It’s virtually tasteless when blended into smoothie bowls and it’s so good for you, give it a chance! It will boost your immune system, help your liver with detoxification, reduce oxidative stress and it’s loaded with nutrients such as iron, copper, magnesium and manganese. It also contains amino acids (the building blocks of life!), fatty acids (omega 3 & 6), and chlorophyll! You can buy it at most health food stores in either a pill or powder form. I personally like the powder form, which can be added to smoothies, juices or other recipes!
- 3 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ coconut water maybe a little more
- ¼ teaspoon spirulina powder
- chia seeds
- toasted coconut flakes
- Add the frozen bananas, cashews, coconut water and spirulina powder to a high-speed blender such as a vitamix. Blend using damper stick until well combined and smooth.
- Top with favorite toppings and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023