Banana Berry Superfood Smoothie Bowl
Tucked away down a little path in the town of Wellfleet you can find the most beautiful smoothie bowls at a place called BOL. Acai or pitaya blended with all sorts of creative ingredients such as mint and topped with granola and the most delicious crunchy coconut flakes. Needless to say, we are addicted! If you ever make it to Wellfleet, you must go!!!
When we can’t get into town for a bowl, we’ve been blending our own at home! My freezer has been stocked with locally grown raspberries thanks to my friend April, which are perfect for just this very thing!
A high-speed blender such as a vitamix is needed for making smoothie bowls. Just add the fruit of your choice, a little almond milk, flip the switch and beat the heck out of it with the damper stick! For easier blending make sure to cut the bananas into smaller chunks before freezing, and don’t forget to peel them! (A rookie mistake that we’ve all made before!) You can even add one frozen banana with one unfrozen banana for a more “pudding-like” consistency.
I apologize for my lack in posts recently, this last week was a busy one! My heart was full to have my brother, sister-in-law, sister and nephews in town to celebrate my parent’s 50th Anniversary! It’s not too often that we can all spend time together with everyone living on opposite coasts. We went on walks, went to the Provincetown Portuguese festival, shopped in Chatham and ate out…ate a lot! I’m feeling the consequences of all the wheat and sugar, but it was well worth it 🙂
- Place frozen fruit and almond milk in a high-speed blender, blend until an ice cream like texture is achieved. Use damper stick or scrape down sides of blender as needed.
- Add favorite toppings and enjoy 🙂
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023
- Buckwheat Superfood: Why the Pseudo-Cereal is so Incredibly Healthy - 22 November 2023