This chopped salad with spicy chipotle dressing is spicy, and I mean spicy! Like the kind of spicy that makes you sweat and eyes water!
I love the smokey flavor of chipotle and I use just about any type of food as a vehicle for this dressing! I add it to salads, sandwiches, burrito bowls or use it as a dip for veggie sticks!
This salad is an easy way to “Eat The Rainbow” for a boost of antioxidants and phytonutrients!
As a nutritionist, I am always encouraging clients to “eat the rainbow.” Getting a broad spectrum of colorful foods in your diet will help bring your health and wellness to a whole new level! Colorful foods are rich in antioxidants, which have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. They also contribute to heart health, digestive health, increase energy, increased immunity, eye and skin health and cell protection.
Each day aim for 2 servings from each color:
Blue/Purple/Black: berries, cabbage, eggplant, figs, grapes, olives, raisins, beans
1 serving = 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw or 1 medium piece of fruit
Different combination of these foods also have varying synergistic effects, so mix it up!
- For the Chipotle Dressing:
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup vegenaise or mayo
- 3-5 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce depending on how spicy you like it!
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- ½ cup sliced olives
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 2-3 carrots shredded
- 1 cucumber diced
- ½ cup corn I used frozen organic corn
- ¼ cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ avocado sliced
- To make dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until well combined and chipotle peppers are minced. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.*Start by adding 1 chipotle pepper at a time until desired spiciness is reached*
- To make salads:
- Arrange toppings on a bed of fresh romaine lettuce, add 1-2 tablespoons of dressing and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023