You don’t need a special occasion to dive into these fluffy Cacao Mousse and Raspberry Parfaits, but it is perfect for a celebratory Valentine’s Day dessert!
No baking, just blending and only 4 ingredients!!!
Light in texture and heavy on flavor…rich and chocolatey! Small portions of this dessert are enough to tackle any sweet tooth. I layered with juicy raspberries, but use any of your favorite berries!
Make sure you buy a can of whole fat coconut milk for this recipe, low-fat just won’t cut it! Gently open the can and separate the coconut cream layer from the watery part. Place cream in a small bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- 1 can whole fat coconut milk, coconut cream separated and chilled in freezer
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen and thawed raspberries (plus 1 pint fresh raspberries for layering)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Gently open a can of whole fat coconut milk and scoop out coconut cream layer. Place cream in a small bowl and place in the freezer for ~30 minutes to harden.
- Using a hand held electric mixer, blend coconut cream, ¼ cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries, cacao and maple syrup. Blend until light and fluffy.
- Layer cacao mousse and fresh raspberries in parfait glasses and enjoy!
A helpful tip from a reader: On the canned coconut milk, it is easier to refrigerate it over night (or longer) and then turn it upside down while being careful not to shake it, open and drain liquid, then scoop out the cream. I have never opened a can of room temp full fat coconut milk with it already separated.
Unfortunately, I am unable to accurately calculate nutrition facts for this recipe due to the coconut milk separation…sorry
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie’s delicious frosting shot recipe!