Tis the season to break out the crock pot, especially for these quinoa lentil tacos!!!
Although I am not ready to say goodbye to the summer, I am ready to get back into a routine again! So long summertime stress! Bedtimes are returning to a reasonable hour again, the laundry is getting done (kind of) and more meals are spent at home! But, let’s face it…the fall can be a monster in its own right with busy school and work schedules!
Here is a recipe that will be ready and waiting for you when you walk in the door after a long day! The quinoa and lentil taco filling is made in the crockpot! Just whip out the tortillas and toppings and you have a meal ready in minutes!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup dry lentils
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Amino Acids or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- For Tacos:
- Tortillas of your choice (gluten free, corn or whole wheat)
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream and/or Cheese (vegan or non-vegan)
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Assemble tacos as desired and enjoy!
The combination of smoked paprika and Bragg’s Amino Acids creates an almost BBQ-ish flavor. The consistency of the quinoa and lentil taco filling has a texture similar to ground beef in your standard tacos. This recipe is adapted from the amazing blog Healthy Slow Cooking. In addition to some minor changes, I revved up the nutrition by adding sweet potato!
This was a kid-approved recipe as well! Happy Meatless Monday