It’s back-to-school snack week!!!
All week long I will be bringing you scrumptious snacks that will satisfy the whole family!
Here is a recipe for Loaded Apple Nachos to start if off!
This recipe is far from creative since just about every food blogger out there has made them, but they sure are irresistible! (My keyboard is covered with melty peanut butter as we speak!)
Years ago, when completing my community nutrition rotation in school I remember learning this little bit of advice from my mentor Kim (who is now one of my best friends!)
“Use 2 food groups to make a healthy snack and 3 food groups to make a balanced meal”
I keep this in mind every time I prepare a snack or meal for Noah…or myself!
These loaded apple nachos consist of foods from the fruit group (apple & raisins) and protein group (nut butter)…two food groups, score!
- 2 apples sliced
- ¼ cup of nut butter melted (I used all-natural peanut butter)
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons mini-chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life chips
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut toasted
- Arrange apple slices on a plate. Drizzle with melted nut butter and top with raisins, chocolate chips and toasted shredded coconut. Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023