So long summer salads, hello fall veggies! Serve this Shredded Brussels Sprout and Apple Salad at any of your fall feasts for a healthy swap!
We tend to serve mostly roasted veggies with fall and winter meals due to the cooler weather. They are warming, grounding and comforting. In fact, some cooked vegetables provide more nutrients than raw vegetables. However, sometimes meals become too heavy (especially at Thanksgiving!) and need to be balanced with lighter, refreshing foods served in their raw state. This brussels sprout salad is dressed with just a little olive oil and fresh lemon juice making it very detoxifying as well. Sliced apples are added for sweetness and pine nuts give it a little crunch. It’s my new go-to salad!
The lemon juice keeps the apples from turning brown, so don’t be afraid to make this salad way before you need to serve it! It actually tastes better the next day when all the flavors have blended together.
- In a large bowl toss together shredded brussels sprouts, apple, olive oil and lemon juice. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with pine nuts before serving.
- Enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023