So, last week I had a peapod grocery pick-up problem. (peapod is an online grocery service from Stop & Shop, it makes my life 1000x easier!) I thought I was ordering 6 bananas, but as it turned out I ordered 6 bunches of bananas leaving me with 36 bananas!
What to do, what to do???
We made a lot of smoothies, banana bread, banana ice cream and these two bite breakfast banana cookies!
The base of these cookies is banana and oats…that’s it! NO added sugar, NO flour, NO eggs, NO butter!
You can keep it simple or add in some other ingredients!
I added dried cranberries and mini-chocolate chips!
Here are a few other combos:
Walnut and Raisin
Coconut and Cacao Nibs
Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Dried Cranberry and Orange Zest
Dried Blueberry and Cashew
White Chocolate and Macadamia Nut
You can even turn them into superfood cookies and add goji berries, hemp seeds or chia seeds!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips (vegan)
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. (bananas should be almost liquified, you can use a blender too!) Add oats, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fold in dried cranberries and mini-chocolate chips.
- Scoop using a tablespoon measure and drop onto parchment paper evenly spaced.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden around edges and firm to the touch.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Wash them down with a nice cold glass of almond milk for a quick and easy breakfast