Yesterday the weather was relentless and we got close to another foot of snow! I’m worried it’s going to be June before we see the ground again. What to do on a snowy day? Make mugs of Superfood Hot Chocolate to warm you up!
Check it out!
Cacao: Contains high amounts of magnesium and high levels of flavonoids, an antioxidant responsible for decreasing inflammation and ridding the body of free-radicals. If possible, buy raw cacao powder instead processed cocoa powder. Cocoa powder is heated to high temperatures, which destroys some of its healing qualities.
Ginger: A reliever to GI upset, but also a potent anti-inflammatory. Gingerols, a substance found in ginger is responsible for decreasing pain and inflammation in people suffering from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Cinnamon: Similar to ginger, cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties. Some studies even suggest that cinnamon helps with insulin resistance.
Turmeric: A very potent anti-inflammatory agent due to curcurmin, the compound that gives turmeric its bright yellow color. In addition to decreasing inflammation and pain in those suffering from arthritis, turmeric protects cells from oxidative stress.
Coconut Oil: Contains lauric acid, which may fight off bacteria, fungus and viruses. Also, a good source of medium chain triglycerides that contain anti-aging properties.
I am NOT a winter person. I turn purple when I go outside, seriously. I am so ready for winter to be over! However, each storm we get continues to amaze me. It is so beautiful out there! Plus, Al Roker promised me this morning that the worst of the winter chill is over…I hope he’s right!!!
- 2 cups of milk of your choice hemp, soy, almond, etc.
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or cocoa powder if you don’t have cacao!
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup adjust according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch sea salt
- Warm all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse until frothy. (optional step)
- Top with coconut, soy or rice whip for fun 🙂
- Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023