I’m so excited to bring you these Raisin Spice Zucchini Muffins!!! Gluten free, vegan and so simple to make!
I have a confession… I hate zucchini. There, I said it. That’s a difficult statement for me to admit to being a registered dietitian, but it feels so good to get it off my chest! I sound like a toddler, but unless it is buried in a baked good or camouflaged in a sauce, zucchini is not my friend. There aren’t many vegetables I don’t like, but zucchini and okra are on the list. Maybe it’s the consistency, slimy and mushy…who knows, but I will eat zucchini every day if it came delivered in these moist and fluffy muffins!
This is one of the first times I have used chickpea flour in a muffin recipe and I was pleasantly surprised! Many times gluten free and vegan muffins require a lot of ingredients including multiple types of flour and xanthan gum. These don’t! The only flour you need is chickpea flour! Flax seed meal is used in place of eggs and the banana, zucchini and olive oil create a fluffy, cake-like quality. You could even top with frosting for a healthier special occasion treat!
- Flax Egg:
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- ½ cup warm water
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups grated zucchini squeeze out excess water
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add Ins:
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a muffin tin with paper cups or baking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flax seed meal and warm water. Set aside for 10 minutes until a gel is formed.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Stir the flax eggs into the wet ingredients then combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Fold in the raisins and pour into the muffin tin filling each cup ¾ full.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool, top with a little vegan butter spread and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023