Tis the season to break out the crock pot, especially for these quinoa lentil tacos!!!
Although I am not ready to say goodbye to the summer, I am ready to get back into a routine again! So long summertime stress! Bedtimes are returning to a reasonable hour again, the laundry is getting done (kind of) and more meals are spent at home! But, let’s face it…the fall can be a monster in its own right with busy school and work schedules!
Here is a recipe that will be ready and waiting for you when you walk in the door after a long day! The quinoa and lentil taco filling is made in the crockpot! Just whip out the tortillas and toppings and you have a meal ready in minutes!
- 1 sweet potato peeled and chopped
- ½ cup dry lentils
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 2½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Amino Acids or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- For Tacos:
- Tortillas of your choice gluten free, corn or whole wheat
- Shredded lettuce
- Sour Cream and/or Cheese vegan or non-vegan
- Hot Sauce
- Fresh Cilantro
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Assemble tacos as desired and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023