Steel cut oats (aka Irish oatmeal) are far healthier then quick cook/instant oats and slightly healthier then “regular” or old-fashioned oats.
Steel cut oats are the least processed of the three. Instant oats are steamed, rolled, chopped and dehydrated, where steel cut oats are simply chopped. The extra steps taken to make oats “instant” also brings down their nutrition content.
But, lets be honest…who has time to make steel cut oats every morning? I for one do not! Between getting the dog fed and walked, and Noah up and running, I barely have a minute to eat! That’s why this recipe is so wonderful! A healthy breakfast ready and waiting when you wake up! This recipe makes enough for a few days, just reheat with a little milk the next morning!
Isn’t my new coffee mug awesome??? It is a “healing touch” mug. Every time you grab the handle you touch the healing stone. This mug has a clear quartz on it, considered to boost the immune system, clear negative energy and harmonize all the body’s chakras. Thanks Mom 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 cup GF steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 fl oz
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a heaping 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- ground flax seeds for topping
- Spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot, turn on low for 7 hours.
- Top with ground flax seeds and enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023