Steel cut oats (aka Irish oatmeal) are far healthier then quick cook/instant oats and slightly healthier then “regular” or old-fashioned oats.
Steel cut oats are the least processed of the three. Instant oats are steamed, rolled, chopped and dehydrated, where steel cut oats are simply chopped. The extra steps taken to make oats “instant” also brings down their nutrition content.
But, lets be honest…who has time to make steel cut oats every morning? I for one do not! Between getting the dog fed and walked, and Noah up and running, I barely have a minute to eat! That’s why this recipe is so wonderful! A healthy breakfast ready and waiting when you wake up! This recipe makes enough for a few days, just reheat with a little milk the next morning!
Isn’t my new coffee mug awesome??? It is a “healing touch” mug. Every time you grab the handle you touch the healing stone. This mug has a clear quartz on it, considered to boost the immune system, clear negative energy and harmonize all the body’s chakras. Thanks Mom 🙂
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 cup GF steel cut oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 fl oz
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- a heaping 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- ground flax seeds for topping
- Spray inside of crockpot with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in crockpot, turn on low for 7 hours.
- Top with ground flax seeds and enjoy 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023