Lemony White Bean Dip…
Use white beans in place of chickpeas to create a smoother and creamier dip!
Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of hummus, but white bean dip might be my favorite! So simple to make and just as versatile! You can spread it on a sandwich in place of mayo or dip into it with cut fresh veggies! For a crowd pleasing appetizer add a dollop to toasted slices of a multi-grain baguette, drizzle with evoo and add a pinch of sea salt and crushed red pepper flakes!
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Add beans, lemon juice and minced garlic to a food processor. Blend while slowly adding extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, add an extra drizzle of evoo and pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.
This appetizer actually turned into our dinner, it was too irresistable to stop eating!
It’s no secret that I love beans!
They are such a perfect blend of complex carbohydrates, protein and fiber that they will keep you full for a long time! Not to mention they are a great source of folic acid, magnesium, potassium and iron! Plus, they are cheap…a win win in my book