Thai Peanut Zoodles, all the flavor of pad thai without all the carbs!
This past weekend my mom and I wanted Thai food so badly, but trying to get anywhere on Cape Cod during Labor Day weekend is impossible! Instead, we went to our local veggie stand in town and created a much healthier version of pad thai!
Noah loved making the zoodles while I whisked together the sauce. The cooking time was minimal and before you know it we had a delicious meal in front of us! My mom added shrimp to hers and Noah had plain zoodles mixed with whole wheat pasta, avocado and sea salt. We were all pleased
thai peanut zoodles
Makes 4 servings Thai Peanut Zoodles, all the flavor without all the carbs!
Recipe type: Main
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 small zucchinis spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- ½ red bell pepper cut into match sticks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, chopped
- 4 lime slices
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup smooth all-natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Amino Acids (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seed oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- water for thinning as needed (1-2 tbs.)
- Whisk together all ingredients of the peanut sauce and set aside.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add zucchini, carrot, peppers and sauté for a 1-2 minutes, until zucchini is tender crisp, but not mushy!
- Remove from heat and stir in sauce.
- Top with cilantro, scallions and peanuts.
- Serve with a slice of lime and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 251 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 9 Sugar: 4 Fiber: 2 Protein: 7
Thai Peanut Sauce adapted from Cookie & Kate