I’m sure I’m not the only one who has been anxiously waiting to say Happy Spring! However, with a morning outside temperature reading of 28 degrees it hardly feels like spring. So, what to do? Make your own spring…Mango and Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce!
These may look difficult to make, but I promise they are not! Just a little time spent slicing and dicing is all it takes! Fresh basil, avocado, cucumber, carrot, asparagus and mango wrapped in a spring roll and served with a peanut sauce that delivers just the right amount of heat.
Other options for fillings include:
Fresh mint leaves
Fresh cilantro leaves
Sugar snap peas
You get the idea, options are endless!
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne sliced
- 1 cucumber, julienne sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 12 stalks asparagus, cut in half and lightly steamed and cooled
- 12 spring roll wraps
- For the Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup chunky or creamy all-nautral peanut butter
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon Bragg's Amino Acids or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon chili oil
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- Have all prepared ingredients lined out in front of you.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water.
- Dip spring roll wraps in warm water until they become pliable, transfer to a clean plate or cutting board.
- Arrange small amounts of prepared ingredients in the center of the spring roll wrap. Fold in edges and gently roll up.
- To make the Peanut Sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk until well combine. Let cool to room temperature.
- Dip and enjoy!
Spring Detox Tip: In the spring our bodies start their own sort of spring cleaning…help it along with adding a lot more fresh vegetables to your diet! The best foods for spring detoxification are bitter greens such as dandelion greens, mustard greens, arugula and watercress. Other spring detoxifying vegetables are asparagus, radishes and celery. Don’t forget to add a little lemon and lime as well!