Sunshine smoothie with a spoon!
Mango, beets and bananas blended into a breakfast delight!
Topped with granola, fruit and hemp seeds for a smoothie you can bite into!
You can take your favorite smoothie and turn it into a smoothie bowl by decreasing the amount of liquid used. Don’t be afraid to add greens to the mix either!
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ⅔ cup raw beets, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup vanilla almond milk (consider adding ½ teaspoon pure vanilla if using plain almond milk)
- 2 dates, pitted (optional, but adds sweetness)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ cup granola
- sliced fruit of your choice
- Place mango, beets, banana, almond milk, dates and hemp seeds in a high-speed blender such as a vitamix.
- Blend until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, top with granola or toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Did you know?
Getting out in the morning sunlight may help you maintain a healthy weight?
A recent study shows that 20-30 minutes of sun exposure in the early part of the day (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.) may lower an individual’s BMI. The author of the research study stated “Light is the most potent agent to synchronize your internal body clock that regulates circadian rhythms, which in turn also regulate energy balance.” A well running circadian rhythm is essential for hormone balance, metabolism and ultimately…weight management.
So get out there and soak in some rays!