Secretly healthy Loaded Potato Bites!
Super Bowl will soon be here…and let’s be honest, it’s a day that we sit around and eat all-day-long! It’s just the american way I guess! Since we will munching on some type of snack food, why not make it healthy?
Include these “healthy” loaded potato bites to your Super Bowl party! They are low-fat yet bursting with flavor for snacking satisfaction! Our local grocery store has a wonderful pre-made organic cucumber salsa that I used. However, this recipe looks wonderful if you want to make your own!
loaded potato bites
Serves: 5 servings
- 5 red potatoes, thinly sliced
- extra virgin olive oil (~1 tb)
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Place sliced potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy, flipping once. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix mashed avocado, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Top golden potato rounds with mashed avocado, salsa and cilantro. Enjoy!
Serving size: 5 potato bites Calories: 124 Fat: 9 Carbohydrates: 12 Sugar: 2 Fiber: 4 Protein: 2
Here’s a list of my other healthy Super Bowl bites:
Baked Winter Wedges with Cilantro Aioli
Cauliflower Bites with Spicy Almond Dipping Sauce