No-Bake Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter Oat Bars, that’s a mouthful to say!
The kids are headed back to school soon, which means packing lunches and providing after school snacks. Sometimes it’s difficult to come up with healthy snacks that the kids will love and are safe to bring to a “peanut free” zone. Snacks made with almond butter are a great option as almond butter provides protein, fiber and a dose of healthy fat. Almond butter is extremely nutrient dense and provides vitamin E, magnesium and potassium. It also helps with sustained energy and optimizing blood glucose control. I love using nut-butters in kid-friendly recipes because it keeps the little ones feeling full and happy for longer!
These aren’t just for kids! They make a great adult approved snack or can be paired with a piece of fruit for a wholesome breakfast!
- 1½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse oats in a food processor a few times to make a course flour and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat add almond butter, coconut oil, brown rice syrup, sea salt, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir until melted and well combined. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Press mixture into the lined baking pan. Use fingers to pack dough down well. Place in the refrigerator for a few hours to set. (or place in freezer to speed up the process!)
- Remove from parchment paper and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and individually wrap for an on-the-go snack. You can substitute brown rice syrup with agave or maple syrup. However, just make sure to adjust the amount of oats as needed because brown rice syrup is much thicker than maple syrup or agave. You want to aim for a cookie dough consistency.
Here are some more great school snack ideas using almond butter:
Almond Butter and Banana Open Sandwich
Almond Butter Snack Balls
Try making your own Almond Butter, this one from Happy Healthy Life looks amazing
Maple Coconut Cinna Almond Butter