This past week my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by Sophia over at Silk and Spice. If you haven’t been already, check her out! Her blog is filled with incredibly inspiring vegan and vegetarian recipes! I am truly thankful to have been nominated! Actually, I am shocked anyone actually reads my blog! I’m not a writer, chef or photographer…I just like good, healthy food!
The Liebster Award showcases bloggers new to the scene. Part of being nominated is to pay it forward and nominate others.
Here are the rules:
The Liebster Award highlights blogs that have less than 200 followers as a way to recognize new and upcoming blogs.
After being nominated, each nominee must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger that nominated you has created for you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer (Sofia is allowing us to use her questions instead of creating new ones, thank you!)
- Let all the bloggers know that they have been nominated; but you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So, here it goes!
11 Random Facts:
1. I’m happiest at the beach with my family.
2. I have a pug named Belly.
3. I hate loud noises.
4. We have a VW Vanagon named Babs.
5. I love the smell of skunk.
6. I’m the youngest of 3.
7. I love to go camping.
8. I love books…all books, but especially cook books.
9. I can’t sing.
10. I miss watching the morning news.
11. Soy chai lattes make me happy.
1. What’s your favorite thing to wear? Sweat pants…I would wear them all day, everyday if I could.
2.What’s your favorite holiday? Birthdays! (including mine!)
3. What’s your guilty pleasure? Watching The House Wives of Orange County
4. Veggies or fruits? Fruit in the summer and veggies in the winter.
5. If you could pack a suitcase to anywhere right now, what would you pack and where would you go? I would pack our VW van with yummy food and take off with my family to Nova Scotia…just waiting on waves (sigh)
6. Have you ever lived in another country? Where and for how long? Unfortunately, no.
7. What are your 5 must-have foods? Can’t live without: quinoa, sweet potatoes, kale, chickpeas and chocolate.
8. What is one of your biggest regrets? Never living in another country! (see question 6!)
9. What do you want your legacy to be? To love and to have been loved.
10. What is your dream job? Owning a bed and breakfast and baking muffins every morning.
11. Would you rather live on the beach or in the mountains? beach, beach, beach
Here are my nominees:
Fueled By Vegetables
The Foodings of Mariah
Dispatches From The DI
In My Bowl
Clean Living For Dummies
The Connected Kitchen
The Food Allergy Chronicles
Recipes For Compassion
I recommend you check them out