I never knew vegan, gluten free, dairy free muffins could be so fluffy, moist and light! These don’t fall short of sweetness either thanks to little bit of pure maple syrup.
I hope you all have wonderful plans for the weekend! Start it off by making a batch of these to enjoy!
Lemon Blueberry Muffins
adapted from happy.healthy.life
mix these together:
1 and 3/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill but regular flour works too!)
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 heaping tablespoon ground flax seeds
melt these together:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice + 1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 large ripe banana, mashed
1 cup fresh blueberries
top with slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cups.
2. In a large bowl, mix together gluten free flour, salt, flax seeds and baking powder.
3. In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil over low heat and remove from flame. In a small bowl add coconut oil with maple syrup and almond milk.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fold in vanilla, lemon juice, zest, mashed banana and blueberries.
6. Spoon into muffin cups, top with slivered almonds.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and center of muffin is set.
8. Let cool and enjoy warm!
~The original recipe says this makes 12 muffins however, it actually made enough batter for 14 muffins~