May is filled celebrations! A month of graduation parties, showers and Mother’s day! Serve this beautiful Strawberry Citrus Fruit Salad with Maple, Mint and Lime for a healthy and sweet treat at your next event!
I dished these up individually (because I thought they looked pretty that way!), but serve in a large bowl if preferred. I love grapefruit, but some find it a bit too tangy. That’s why I made a quick mix of pure maple syrup and lime juice to off set the bitterness.
Sliced citrus holds up really well in the refrigerator. You can make this salad to enjoy with breakfast or as a snack for a few days! Try mixing in pecans or walnuts for protein!
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- fresh mint
- Layer fruit in a medium bowl or individual serving cups. Whisk together lime juice and maple syrup, evenly pour on top of fruit salad. Garnish with fresh mint, enjoy!
Grapefruit’s amazing healing power and health benefits fly under the radar in my opinion. They have been studied for a long time and have been proven to lower cholesterol, normalize hematocrit levels, protect against certain cancers and rid the body of excess estrogen…that’s a lot of work for one type of fruit!
Beware, certain medications negatively interact with the powerful compounds found in grapefruit.
Check here for more info.