School’s out for the summer, yay!!!
Here is the perfect summertime snack or pool-side party treat!
Fruit salad on a stick with a vegan vanilla dipping sauce….
Kid approved, no-sugar added and fun!
Serve assembled or let the little ones build their own!
The sauce is made with cashews, bananas and a hint of vanilla. No added sugar or cream was used, making this a clean and healthy sweet!
Next time you need to bring a dessert to the party, bring these…both the kids and parents will thank you
Use any fruit you choose! I used honeydew melon, grapes, cantaloupe and berries.
More colorful options include:
- honey dew melon
- green grapes
- red grapes
- For the Vanilla Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or milk of your choosing)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut fruit into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble fruit onto wooden skewers and set aside.
- To Make Vanilla Dipping Sauce:
- Place raw cashews in a bowl and cover with water, let sit for at least an hour and drain.
- Add cashews, bananas, almond milk, lemon juice, vanilla and sea salt in a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately with fruit skewers.
Note: The dipping sauce is best served soon after it is made. The lemon juice acts as a natural preservative to prevent the bananas from turning brown however, the dipping sauce will take on a darker color the longer it is exposed to the air. If made ahead of time, store in an air-tight container.
Have a wonderful weekend