Breakfast Burritos, just in time for Father’s Day!
Regardless of what diet you follow (paleo, raw, vegan, low carb, high carb, fruitarian, gluten free, acid-alkaline…you get the point!) breakfast is important! Some do well with having a high-protein breakfast while others feel best with an easily digestible juice, it’s all about bio-individuality! We all digest and absorb foods differently, it’s important to find what works best for you!
Personally, some days fruit or a smoothie is sufficient and other days I need more! Eating a high-protein breakfast sets you up for the day by keeping you full for longer and preventing mid-morning slumps.
Here are some ideas for high-protein vegan breakfasts!
Cherry Almond Coconut Quinoa Porridge
Healthy Chia Waffles with nut butter
Veggie Loaded Avocado White Bean Salad on Toast
Feel Good Hearty Granola Bars
You can also try these mushroom and avocado breakfast burritos!!!
- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1+ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons braggs amino acids
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- ½ tablespoon cumin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 oz package mushrooms, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 4-6 whole wheat or gluten free tortillas
- For the Sriracha Aioli:
- 2 Tablespoons Vegenaise
- spritz of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (or more depending on taste) Sriracha
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tofu crumbles, bragg's amino acids, toasted sesame seed oil and cumin. Cook until tofu becomes golden, stirring occasionally. Add shredded carrot and black beans, cook until beans are heated. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add an extra drizzle of olive to skillet and warm over medium heat. Add mushrooms and a pinch of sea salt, sauté until mushrooms have released their moisture and start to turn a dark golden color, around 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together vegenaise, lemon juice and sriracha.
- Warm tortillas on the stove top or in a microwave.
- To assemble burritos, add a scoop of the tofu/bean scramble, scoop of sautéed mushrooms, avocado slices and sriracha aioli. Roll and eat!
This recipe makes a large portion. I like put left-over tofu scramble on salads for a quick and easy lunch!
Enjoy your protein energized day