Simple chocolate dipped apple slices with graham cracker crumbles, sunflower seeds or shredded coconut!
The end of school brings class parties! Instead of letting your kids get tanked up on super sugary snacks, try incorporating fruit into sweet treats. Fruit contains fiber, which help stabilize glucose preventing a sugar rush of epic proportions!
These got the thumbs up from my nephews! They were happy to have dessert, I was happy they were eating apples! They even asked if I would make them again…no problem, done in under 20 minutes!
- 3 green apples, thinly sliced
- 1.5 cups dark chocolate chips (I use enjoy life vegan chocolate chips)
- lemon juice (optional)
- ~crushed graham crackers
- ~sunflower seeds
- ~shredded coconut
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Add toppings of choice and let cool until chocolate has hardened, enjoy!
- ~to prevent browning of apples, spritz apples with fresh lemon juice~
Be sure to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar than milk chocolate and is higher in antioxidants!
I topped these with graham crackers, coconut and sunflower seeds, but don’t stop there! Raisins, pistachios, mini-marshmallows, peanuts would all taste great!
Here are some more options for healthier class party treats:
Dole Pineapple Whip
Chocolate Strawberry Dessert Pizza
Salted Chocolate Frozen Banana Bites