Hummus and veggie sticks, hummus wraps…blah blah blah
I’m always eating hummus, and recommending it to my clients. It’s perfect for a quick bite, simple to make and is packed with protein. But, I have to admit, it gets a little boooooring…
Here’s a recipe that will turn up the heat and break you out of a hummus slump!
- 2 cans of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup olive oil
- To roast garlic: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees. Slice off top of garlic head, exposing the individual cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cloves are soft.
- To make hummus: Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender (I used a vitamix).
- Blend until smooth and creamy, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with veggie sticks or grilled naan bread and enjoy!
10 Top Ways to Eat Hummus
1. Make a hummus wrap with edamame, sprouts, avocados and shredded carrots
2. Serve with cucumber slices, peppers, carrots and radishes
3. Make a hummus pizza by layering pita bread with hummus, toast until warm and top with shredded lettuce
4. Dip for falafel and veggie kabobs
5. Add a dollop to a salad
6. Scoop into a halved avocado
7. Use in place of mayonnaise
8. Toss with hot cooked pasta and sprinkle with chopped cilantro
9. Use in place of cream cheese on bagels
10. Use as a spread for veggie burgers