Firing up the grill this weekend?
Impress your tastebuds with this summertime dessert!
Grilled Pineapples with Brown Sugar Lime Sauce and a scoop of your favorite frozen treat…
Grilling isn’t just for hot dogs and hamburgers anymore!
Keep that bbq warm for serving up a quick and easy, sure to please dessert!
Grilling pineapple brings out the natural sugars and the sauce…oh the sauce, I have died and gone to heaven! Vanilla brown sugar syrup balanced with fresh lime juice and coconut oil!
grilled pineapple with brown sugar lime sauce
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Vanilla frozen dessert (non-dairy ice cream, frozen yogurt or ice cream)
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together brown sugar, coconut oil, fresh lime juice, vanilla and sea salt over medium-low heat until bubbly. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly (~5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place pineapple slices on a medium-high grill. Cook for 3-5 minutes (or when grill marks start to appear), flip and cook again for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, drizzle with sauce, top with frozen dessert and enjoy!