As the summer picks up, the time spent in the kitchen slows down! As you can probably tell by my infrequent posts! I apologize
Once we get back into the swing of things around here I promise to consistently bring some summertime yum your way!
I’ve talked before about “quick meals” and why it is so important to stock your fridge with healthy, grab and go meals…you can read more about this topic here!
I have been keeping “quick meals” handy to keep us fed well when pressed with time!
Here’s another “quick meal” to add to the recipe book, a grilled corn and quinoa salad with sweet sriracha lime sauce!
Sriracha (Thai: ศรีราชา, Thai pronunciation: [sǐː.rāː.tɕʰāː]) is a type of hot sauce made from a paste of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. It is named after the coastal city of Si Racha, in the Chonoburi Province of Eastern Thailand, where it was possibly first produced for dishes served at local seafood restaurants. (wikipedia)
This dish makes for a perfectly balanced meal on its own or you can use it as an accompaniment for a backyard barbecue!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa cooked in 2 cups water
- 3 ears of corn, grilled
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- For the Sweet Sriracha Lime Sauce:
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce (or more if you're so inclined!)
- sea salt to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions. Once cooked, transfer onto a cooking pan and allow to cool.
- Shuck corn, drizzle with olive oil and place on a medium grill for 10-12 minutes or until tender, occasionally rotating. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, use a knife and remove kernels from the cob.
- Combine cooked quinoa, grilled corn, edamame, scallions and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, agave, sriracha sauce and sea salt.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine, top with sliced avocado, serve chilled and enjoy!