Mango Ginger Lassi, a super healing drink for the digestive system!
A lassi is a traditional drink in India. It is yogurt based and often has turmeric, rosewater or saffron added to the mix. I added a small knob of fresh ginger root, which gave this lassi a little spice! The combination of mango, fermented “yogurt” and ginger is a great way to boost the health of your digestive system. Mangos are a great prebiotic, which will feed the probiotics found in the yogurt and the ginger is a great healer of digestive distress.
Use any type of plain yogurt you prefer, I used plain soy yogurt for a vegan version.
mango ginger lassi ~vegan~
Plain soy yogurt and soy milk were used to calculate the nutrition facts.
- 1 cup plain yogurt of your choice (coconut, soy, milk)
- 1¼ cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 2 dates, pitted
- ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ inch knob of fresh ginger root
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until creamy.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 248 Fat: 3 Carbohydrates: 67 Sugar: 54 Fiber: 7 Protein: 7 Cholesterol: 0