To kick off my 35th year I’m indulging in this special birthday Banana Split Cream Pie!
I love birthdays…even my own regardless of what age I am turning. I couldn’t wait to say goodbye to my 20’s and I’m looking forward to my 40’s, so 35 is a perfect place to be for the moment!
To complete a wonderful birthday weekend I made this easy, no-bake dessert…whipped raw cashews, bananas and coconut cream in a graham cracker crust and jazzed up with all the banana split sundae toppings imaginable! I was so excited to find natural, no dye added maraschino cherries at whole foods!
The graham cracker crust was so simple to make, just crushed graham crackers and melted coconut oil mixed together and pressed into an 8 inch tart pan. The banana cream filling is from one of my favorite blogs Minimalist Baker. The pie is smothered with coconut whipped cream, chocolate sauce, bananas, walnuts and finished off in perfect Banana Split fashion with a cherry on top!
Toasted coconut, fresh strawberries and caramel sauce would be great additions too!
Here are a few recipes for the toppings:
Raw Cacao Sauce
Vegan Caramel Sauce
Need a gluten free or grain free crust? Here are a few options:
Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Crust
Dark Chocolate Crust
- For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1.5 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- For the Banana Cream Filling:
- 1¼ cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 3½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced
- ⅓ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- For the Banana Split Toppings:
- fresh banana slices
- chopped walnuts
- coconut whipped cream (or your favorite whipped topping)
- chocolate sauce
- ~Soak cashews in water overnight or for at least 6 hours!~
- Crush graham crackers into a fine powder. I used a food processor and pulsed until the right consistency. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in melted coconut oil until well combined. Press firmly down into an 8 inch pie plate or tart pan. Place in the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile, drain cashews and place into a food processor. Add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, banana slices, coconut milk, vanilla and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy scraping down sides as needed. (this may take a few minutes!) Pour into pie crust and use a spatula to smooth. Place back into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until set.
- Once set, let thaw for a few minutes for easier slicing. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer!
I stashed the leftovers way back in the freezer and selfishly will be enjoying this dessert for days to come, 35 never tasted so good!