This is a last-minute blog post on a last-minute dinner idea, but it was too good not to share!
Last night dinner was later than usual, 9:30 instead of our early bird special at 5:30! I was craving comfort food…spaghetti and meatballs! Two problems here: 1) I don’t eat meat and 2) 9:30 is way too late to indulge in a large bowl of pasta!
Instead, I made “pasta” out of a zucchini and “meat sauce” using tempeh…problem solved!
This meal hit the spot!
- 1 zucchini julienne sliced
- 1 block tempeh crumbled
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil plus 1 teaspoon for zucchini pasta
- Pine nuts and fresh basil for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute or until fragrant.
- Add crumbled tempeh and sauté for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add tomato, tomato paste, vegetable broth, italian seasonings, salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Divide zucchini spaghetti among two bowls and top with tempeh marinara sauce.
- Garnish with pine nuts and fresh basil. Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023