I never knew vegan baking could be so much fun!
It’s hard to imagine that a muffin without the butter, white processed sugar and eggs would taste this delicious! They turned out to be super moist and pleasantly sweet! (I am sold on using flax meal as an egg replacement!)
Today’s farmers market purchase was a gigantic zucchini, enough for two meals! Half of it was turned into a raw zucchini pasta and the other half was transformed into muffins!
These took no time at all to whip up, try a batch today!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds + 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup honey or agave for a vegan version
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour I used Bob’s Red Mill but whole wheat flour would work too!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins or mini-chocolate chips!
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cups or grease using an all-natural cooking spray.
- Combine flax meal with water in a small bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, agave, zucchini and vanilla. Add flax “egg” and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Gently stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly golden and a knife comes out clean.
- Enjoy 🙂
- First BLW Foods: Ultimate Guide for Baby-Led Weaning - 29 November 2023
- Baby Led Weaning Ideas: Everything about BLW I wish I had known! - 27 November 2023
- Can Babies Eat Jello? Best Age to Start Explained + Recipes - 26 November 2023