Did you have a weekend full with sub-par food choices like me? If so, restart yourself with this wonderful Winter Wilted Kale Salad!
We often think of detoxifying super foods as a summer thing…but, not kale! Kale can be grown in almost any weather and is abundantly found in the winter months. Pumped full with chlorophyl, B vitamins, vitamin C and antioxidants to keep you energized and nourished all-year-long. Adding kale to your weekly dietary intake is another way to regularly detoxify using a whole-foods approach.
This recipe was inspired by a dinner out with friends a few weeks ago. I ordered it as a starter, but I wish I ordered a double portion as an entrée instead! I can’t get enough kale these days! Sweet dried cranberries off set the tangy Dijon vinaigrette and walnuts are added for crunch. Serve slightly warmed on cold days like these!
- In a large frying pan heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant. Add kale and sauté until just wilted, not fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- To make vinaigrette: Whisk all ingredients together, add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Add dried cranberries and walnuts to wilted kale, drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve warm.
- You may have left over vinaigrette to use later for another salad 🙂
- Cucumber Lemon Water: Discover 12 Surprising Benefits - 2 October 2023
- Coffee with Protein Powder: How to Make Proffee for Weight Loss - 2 October 2023
- What Tea is Good for Acid Reflux? Discover the 6 Best Teas! - 30 September 2023