Happy Monday! Start your week out right with this green smoothie!
I usually save ginger for juicing, I’m not sure why because it tastes amazing in smoothies! I can’t say enough about the healing qualities of ginger. Ginger has been used for thousands of years to treat gastrointestinal distress and increase digestion. It was a lifesaver when I was pregnant and suffering from
morning all day sickness. It works to alleviate motion sickness too! For nausea, make a tea by steeping a 1/2 inch piece of ginger in hot water.
Not only is ginger beneficial for GI issues, it is a powerful anti-inflammatory. The active compound is called gingerols. Studies show that when consumed regularly, arthritic pain is significantly reduced. (The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods) To benefit from the anti-inflammatory qualities of ginger, consume at least a 1/4 inch piece daily.
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut water
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach or kale
- 2 tablespoons coconut manna or coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- a small nub of fresh ginger grated
- shredded coconut for garnish
- superfood add-ins:
- chia seeds hemp seeds, wheat grass powder, bee pollen, spirulina, vegan protein powder, flax seeds
- Blend and Enjoy 🙂
- Can Babies Eat Garlic? Benefits & Safety - 23 September 2023
- When Can Babies Have Oatmeal? A Complete Guide - 22 September 2023
- Adrenal Cocktail: Boost Energy, Calm and Nourish the Adrenal Glands! - 20 September 2023